Review of Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #1 (21/06/2017)

That was a strange experience I just had while reading this issue. I guess that's just what I get for not reading every title that Marvel released back in 2014 though. (Even though I doubt anyone else read Amazing Spider-Man: Family Business either.)

So, apparently, our good buddy Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, has a younger sister. I didn't know this.

This being the first issue of a new ongoing series, I guess Marvel needed a hook to get readers to buy the next issue, and let me tell you, this one works for me. Throughout the issue I wasn't really sure how to feel, as it wasn't the greatest story I have ever read, and nothing really happened (apart from a possible new love interest for Spidey being introduced.)  What I found funny about this issue however, was Peter making a promise not to miss the movie with Johnny Storm, but obviously he does because he's Spider-Man, but then he does the same with the girl. I am intrigued about where this is going to go, and if she will stick around, or just be a short-term thing.

Right at the end, Johnny is about to leave, when Teresa walks out and asks him if he was talking about Peter, and he echoes my exact reaction of 'Wait, what?'.

Although I love Spider-Man, I have to give this issue a 4/5 out of 10, due to it not being a great, gripping story. (The art was good though.)

Comments

Most Viewed in Last 7 Days

Review of Astonishing X-Men #1 - The Return of a Favourite (19/07/2017)

SUPERGIRL: WOMAN OF TOMORROW #1

FANTASTIC FOUR: LIFE STORY #1